[December 10, 2010]
CIAA Tournament Website Privacy Notice
We understand that you may have concerns about the privacy of information we collect through our websites. This Privacy Notice applies to the www.CIAAtournament.org website and describes the types of information we collect, how we may use it, and with whom we may share it. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information. We also tell you how you can reach us to update your information, remove your name from our mailing list or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices related to this site.
Information You Provide
When you use our website you may choose to provide us with personal information in order to participate in certain features or request information. Here are some of the most common ways we will request and use your personal information:
- If you sign up to receive newsletters and email updates, we request your name and email address so that we can respond to your request. You will receive information and updates on topics such as the upcoming CIAA tournament, special sponsor announcements, tournament matchups, celebrity guests, official event information, tournament parties.
- If you register your school to participate in CIAA High School or Middle School programs, we request your name, email address, alternate email address, phone number and non-personal information such as the name of the school, its city and state location, the number of chaperons and students expected to participate. Please do not submit this information unless you are 18 years of age or older.
- If you choose to participate in contests or sweepstakes that we sponsor through this website, we may ask for information such as your name, gender, zip code, email address and age. We may use that information to consider your entry, to check your eligibility to participate in the contest or sweepstakes, and to contact you regarding your entry. Please review the contest or sweepstakes rules prior to entering and do not submit an entry if you are under 18 years of age.
- This site provides several forms that you may choose to complete and either email as directed or print and mail as directed. For example, you may use these forms to submit ticket purchase requests or register as a vendor, in which case we ask for your name, contact information and payment information.
- If you provide your contact information through the site for any reason, including any of the reasons described above, we may use it to contact you to provide information about the CIAA, schools in the CIAA, or the CIAA tournament on behalf of the CIAA or its business partners and participating schools.
Other Information We Collect
We use browser cookies on this website, which are text files saved to your computer when you visit certain websites. Cookies help us determine whether a visitor has ever been to our site before, which site features they use the most often, and how much time they spend on a page. Browser cookies also can improve your experience with our website by saving your preferences. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. Rejecting or disabling cookies may affect your use of the website.
When you visit our website, your browser automatically sends us your Internet protocol (“IP”) address so that the webpages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the computer or device has ever been used to visit our site before, which site features were used the most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
Certain pages on our site may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons, if used, allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We may use log files to store data collected through web beacons and we may use third party web beacons to help manage online advertising. These files would enable our ad management partners to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn would enable us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The information would not contain your name, address, telephone number, postal address, or email address.
Information We Share
CIAA will share the information you provide among our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with our business partners, such as our website designers, web analytics providers, and contest promoters. These parties use the information to provide the services described above, such as to provide you with information and communications, administering the website, and administering contests. We also may share the information you provide with service providers that are solely authorized to use information to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (iv) if necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual or CIAA. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you may provide to us.
This privacy notice applies only to the collection of information in connection with the www.CIAAtournament.org website. It does not apply to websites operated by other organizations, including CIAA member schools’ websites, other sites linked to www.CIAAtournament.org, and websites to which this notice may be linked but which are not operated on the CIAA’s behalf. Those websites operate independently from our site and should have their own privacy notices which dictate how the sites and their operators will collect, use, disclose and secure personal information. We are not responsible for your use of any websites not operated by or on behalf of the CIAA, the content of those sites, or their privacy practices.
Update Your Information
In general, if you would like to update or modify information you submitted through the site, you should contact us at CIAA@fwv-us.com. You also should contact us at CIAA@fwv-us.com if you decide to opt out of our mailing list. If you need to update your information pertaining to CIAA Education Day registrations, please contact:
Program Assistant, CIAA Education Day
Updates to this Notice
If we update this notice we will post a new effective date at the top. If we make any material changes to the notice, they will apply prospectively and will only apply retroactively if we first contact you and obtain your agreement to those changes. You should check the effective date on this notice every time you visit our site to ensure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
You can contact us with questions about this notice or our privacy practices, to update your information, or to tell us your preferences about information sharing at CIAA@fwv-us.com